With the holiday seasons chiming in and the weather dropping below 30s, I am sort of getting kind of sad. “Depress” is probably an extreme word to use, but it can commonly be used to describe how I currently feel. I won’t be going back to California for the holidays or anytime soon due to financial reasons. Le sigh*
Enough of the sad ramblings, today is the day where we express our gratitude over a delicious meal with our loved ones. Personally, I truly believe in counting our blessings on a daily basis, which in matter of fact, I do!
Instead of expressing the big stuff that matters to me by default, ie: family, friends, a roof over my head, having a job and etc., I am going to count nine current blessings that can be considered “little,” and can be overlooked, but seriously thankful for anyway:
- First and foremost, I am grateful for New York and everything that makes New York, New York!
- The Q44 Bus Driver, who wanted to leave the bus stop, but saw me running and stopped for me. Random acts of kindness will always warm my soul and restore my faith in Humanity.
- Office coffee because I don’t have to spend money I don’t have for my daily essential beverage.
- The Asian blanket, you know what I am talking about. I am sure every Asian household has this type of blanket to keep you warm during the cold nights. Winter is here and I don’t have a heater in my room, so I am so grateful for this gift.
- Hulu Plus because it allows me to catch up with in-season shows on an extremely cold, lazy evening. I’m thankful for Netflix, too.
- Tumblr, Huffingtonpost, Refinery29 and New York Mag – the main sources of my interest, knowledge and entertainment.
- Snowballing from number No. 5, I am so, so grateful for technology that allows me to catch up with family and friends, making me being thousand miles away not-so-tragic.
- Chinatown and Trader Joe’s because these two markets are within my budget for groceries.
- Souncloud because that is where I have been streaming tunes, lately. Current track I been streaming? Chill V.4 by CSXPD; it is amazeballs. Take a listen:
Here is a food for thought. Reasons why I appreciate and acknowledge every single blessing in my life:
The key to knowing joy is being easily pleased. – Mark Nepo
While everyone here is New York is setting their ovens for the big feast, or freezing their butt’s off at the Macy’s Parade, I am here. On my sofa. Sipping on my chai latte while catching up with Gilmore Girls.
I’ll be spending my Thanksgiving Holiday in Boston with my Mom’s side. Looking forward to Cambodian food or just homemade Southeast Asian meals in general. I have yet finished packing and I leave in a few hours…
Family & friends, thank you for always checking in. Remember that today is merely a reminder to acknowledge the people and things we are thankful for, and that we continue to be grateful for every little spec that is given to us in our lives.
Happy Thanksgiving (: